Are you sick of watching the same old show on your Vizio TV screen? Your TV doesn’t have to go primitive. You can actually connect your Vizio TV to wifi and get access to a number of shows available online.
Youtube, Netflix, Tiktok, name it. You won’t just see them on the small screen of your phone because they can now pop up even on your big Vizio TV screen.
To level up your watching experience, we compile some of the frequently asked questions about how to connect your Vizio TV to wifi. And if you want to know the process better, don’t attempt to skip a word.
How to connect Vizio TV to wifi without a remote control?
Connecting TV to your wifi without a remote control? Hmm, sounds impossible, right? Remote control gives the convenience for users to enjoy seamless watching, without the need to get closer to the television just to press buttons.
So, will it be possible to connect Vizio TV to wifi without a remote control? The answer is YES. Here are the simplest and most possible ways to do it:
- Connect your ethernet cable to your Vizio TV . First, plug one end of the ethernet cable to the available plug of the Vizio TV. Then, plug the other end of the ethernet cable directly to your router. Using the power button, turn off your TV for a while, then turn it on after 10 seconds. By that time, the TV should recognize your wired connection. ( Just make sure the length of the cable can reach both the router and the TV)
- Connect a USB keyboard to your Vizio TV. The first thing to do is factory reset the TV. Since you don’t have the remote control, you can do it by using the buttons directly on your TV. The location of these buttons will depend on your TV model. Some are found underneath, some could be located on the left or right side.
To factory reset, start by turning on the TV, then press the VOLUME DOWN and INPUT button at the same time for 5 seconds. After that, a prompt will appear on your TV screen telling you to press INPUT for 10 seconds. Your TV should begin resetting after 10 seconds.
Now it’s factory reset, next thing to do is to plug your USB keyboard at the back of your TV. ( The keyboard can be wired or wireless, both can actually work.) Use the keyboard for a complete set-up. Type the wifi name and the password, and it’ll be good to go.
How to connect older Vizio TV to wifi?
To say that older Vizio TVs can never play on wifi is a misconception. Truth is, even old Vizio TV models can be connected to a wifi, only if you have the right tools to activate it. But don’t worry, some of these devices are available on the market.
- Streaming device.
This is by far the most user-friendly tool used to connect an old Vizio TV to a home wifi. Most often, streaming devices are plugged on the TV’s HDMI port and power outlet to bring out a number of streaming apps right through your TV screen.
- HDMI cable
Plug the HDMI cable on the HDMI port of the old Vizio TV and then plug the other end on either a laptop or computer. After that, you can watch online shows, as simple as that.
- Blu-ray player or gaming console
If you have purchased a blu-ray player or gaming console decades ago and are still functioning up to this date, you may consider them a tool to connect your old TV to a wifi. Consoles such as PlayStation 3 (2006-2013) and Xbox 360 (2001-2013) are equipped with the ability to connect to the internet. Though you might be limited on your streaming experience, you’ll face no tough time in downloading famous services such as Netflix and Hulu.
How to connect Vizio TV to wifi hotspot?
Connecting your wifi hotspot to your Vizio TV is never impossible. The catch is, if the internet source comes from a mobile phone, make sure it contains a volume of data to support the access for streaming apps.
Here are the steps on how to connect your TV to a wifi hotspot:
- Make sure to switch ON your mobile hotspot.
- Go to your internet or wifi setting on your smart TV.
- Click the SSID or otherwise known as the wifi name.
- Click connect and finally, input your hotspot password.
How to connect Vizio Smart TV to hotel wifi?
Oftentimes, TVs in hotels aren’t consuming internet connectivity. But if you wish to watch online shows using TV in your room, you can follow the followings steps:
- Use the remote control. Look for the menu button and press this button to access menu options.
- On your screen, a menu option will appear asking you to select the network.
- Afterwhich, you’ll be able to select your wifi network.
- Once prompted, enter the Wifi password you used to connect.
- You’ll receive a message telling you that the Vizio TV is already connected to the wifi of your choice.
Vizio WPS setup
Here are the ways on how to set up WPS on your Vizio TV:
- Using your Vizio remote, press the HOME button.
- Go to settings and then select network.
- Choose network set-up.
- On your screen, the easy or expert set up will appear. Select easy set up and then the WIFI.
- Next, select CONNECT BY WPS BUTTON. While your TV is in searching mode, you may press the WPS button on your wireless router.
Why is my Vizio tv not finding network connection anymore?
Ever felt the excitement to watch your favorite online shows, then abruptly, your Vizio TV seems to not play compatibility with your home wifi? That could be very frustrating. Understand that there are possible triggers why this technical glitch happens. It could be:
- Internet connection problems
- A communication error between your router and TV
- TV’s wifi adapter is in trouble
- Router security setting is in conflict
Your knowledge on troubleshooting can help save the day. So, here are some of the possible ways to fix connection issues:
- You have to check the wifi network. Try to access the network using another device. If it worked, then possibly, the problem is on the TV.In case you can’t connect any device, troubleshoot your wifi network.
- Reboot your devices. Turn off both your router and TV. Then turn the TV on and reset your modem to check if they are both working.
- Use an ethernet wired connection. Connect an ethernet cable if your Vizio TV has an ethernet port. The cable should be connected directly to the modem or router. If it worked, then probably, the TV’s wireless adapter is the problem.
- If all else fails, reset the Vizio TV to its factory setting. Once the set up is complete, the TV will turn off and will come back to its original setup screen.
Check out this article: How to Connect Vizio TV To Cable Box